Description: UBS Greek New Testament, Reader's Ed.
The Reader’s Edition combines the Bible text of the latest edition of the UBS4 Greek New Testament, edited by Barbara Aland, et. al., with a running Greek-English Dictionary, compiled by Barclay M. Newman. It now also includes textual notes compiled by Florian Voss that provide an overview of the most important differences between major Greek manuscripts. Old Testament references are included in the margin.
• Greek Bible text of UBS4.
• Translation of all vocabulary items occurring 30 times or less in the New Testament at the bottom of each page
• Definitions of idiomatic word combinations
• Parsing of all difficult verb forms
• Reader-friendly layout enabling the reader to transfer easily from text to dictionary and vice versa
• Appendix providing all vocabulary items occurring more than 30 times in the New Testament
• Maps from the UBS Greek New Testament
New in this revised edition:
• Textual notes providing an overview of the most important differences between major Greek manuscripts
• Old Testament references in the margin
Dr. Barclay M. Newman was Chair and Chief Translator of the Contemporary English Version (CEV) of the Bible, first published in 1995 by the American Bible Society, then in 2006 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons (Penguin Books) as Seek Find: The Bible for All People. He was a member of the Old Testament Committee for the Good News Bible (Today’s English Version) published in 1976 by the American Bible Society (ABS), and he chaired the revision that was published by the ABS in 1992 as the Good News Translation.
Dr. Florian Voss is senior editor at the German Bible Society with responsibility for the New Testament scholarly editions. He is especially involved in the preparation of revised editions of the Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece (NA28) and the UBS Greek New Testament (UBS5). After his studies of theology at the universities of Münster, Zürich, and Tübingen, he worked as a teaching assistant at the University of Saarbrücken. His doctoral thesis is about the relationship of faith and human reason according to the First Letter to the Corinthians.
Select the "Details" tab above for additional information.
Details: UBS Greek New Testament, Reader's Ed.
Brown Imitation Leather
Category: Scholarly Language Bibles
No. of Units:
New Testament Only
6.25 x 9.375 inches
Newman, Barclay M., Jr. - Voss, Florian -
|More in this Series...
P=Page edge color, R=Red-letter
Use the search box above to look for additional formats and similar items.