The ESV Study Bible was created to help people understand the Bible in a
deeper way—to understand the timeless truth of God’s Word as a powerful,
compelling, life-changing reality. To accomplish this, the ESV Study Bible
combines the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the
highly regarded ESV Bible text. The result is the most comprehensive study Bible
ever published—with 2,752 pages of extensive, accessible Bible resources.
Created by an outstanding team of 95 evangelical Christian scholars and
teachers, the ESV Study Bible presents completely new study notes, maps,
illustrations, charts, timelines, articles, and introductions. Altogether the
ESV Study Bible comprises 2 million words of Bible text, insightful explanation,
teaching, and reference material—equivalent to a 20-volume Bible resource
library all contained in one volume.
- 2 million words of Bible text and insightful teaching
in 2,752 pages.
- 20,000 notes—focusing especially on understanding the
Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues.
- Over 50 articles—including articles on the Bible’s
authority and reliability; on biblical archaeology, theology, ethics, and
- 200-plus charts—offering key insights and in-depth
analysis in clear, concise outline form; located throughout the Bible.
- Over 200 full-color maps—created with the latest
digital technology, satellite images, and archaeological research; printed
in full color throughout the Bible.
- 80,000 cross-references—to encourage easy location of
important words, passages, and biblical themes.
- 40 all-new illustrations—including
full-color renderings and architectural diagrams of the Tabernacle, the Ark
of the Covenant, Solomon’s temple, Herod’s temple, the city of Jerusalem in
Jesus’ time and throughout the history of Israel, and many more.
Binding and Printing Specifications
- Pages and size—Pages: 2,752; trim size: 6 ½ × 9 ¼
- Paper—Printed on high-opacity, high-quality French Bible
paper from Papeteries Du Léman (PDL); this is widely
considered the finest paper in the world and is Forest
Stewardship Council (FSC) certified, having been made from
forests that are managed to preserve and sustain
- Typesetting—Set in highly readable, 9-point,
single-column type for the Bible text, and 7.25-point,
double-column type for the notes.
- Printing—Full-color throughout, printed on high-speed
web presses created especially for the high-quality demands
of Bible printing.
- Binding—All editions are Smyth sewn, which is considered
the finest Bible binding method and is designed to last a
Warranty and Returns
All Bibles guarantees all products to be free from defects in material or workmanship for 30 days.
Most manufacturers and publishers offer limited warranties on their products from one year to life.
For more information, see our returns policy.
This item is non-returnable unless defective.