The ESV Study Bible was created to help people understand the Bible in a deeper way—to understand the timeless truth of God’s Word as a powerful, compelling, life-changing reality. To accomplish this, the ESV Study Bible
combines the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV Bible text. The result is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published—with 2,752 pages of extensive, accessible Bible resources.
Created by an outstanding team of 95 evangelical Christian scholars and teachers, the ESV Study Bible presents completely new study notes, maps, illustrations, charts, timelines, articles, and introductions. Altogether the ESV Study Bible comprises 2 million words of Bible text, insightful explanation, teaching, and reference material—equivalent to a 20-volume Bible resource library all contained in one volume.
- 2 million words of Bible text and insightful teaching in 2,752 pages.
- 20,000 notes—focusing especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues.
- Over 50 articles—including articles on the Bible’s authority and reliability; on biblical archaeology, theology, ethics, and personal application.
- 200-plus charts—offering key insights and in-depth analysis in clear, concise outline form; located throughout the Bible.
Over 200 full-color maps—created with the latest digital technology, satellite images, and archaeological research; printed in full color throughout the Bible.
80,000 cross-references—to encourage easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes.
40 all-new illustrations—including full-color renderings and architectural diagrams of the Tabernacle, the Ark of the Covenant, Solomon’s temple, Herod’s temple, the city of Jerusalem in Jesus’ time and throughout the history of Israel, and many more.
Binding and Printing Specifications
- Pages and size—Pages: 2,752; trim size: 6 ½ × 9 ¼ inches.
- Paper—Printed on high-opacity, high-quality French Bible paper from Papeteries Du Léman (PDL); this is widely considered the finest paper in the world and is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified, having been made from forests that are managed to preserve and sustain forestlands.
Typesetting—Set in highly readable, 9-point, single-column type for the Bible text, and 7.25-point, double-column type for the notes.
- Printing—Full-color throughout, printed on high-speed web presses created especially for the high-quality demands of Bible printing.
- Binding—All editions are Smyth sewn, which is considered the finest Bible binding method and is designed to last a lifetime.
Warranty and Returns
All Bibles guarantees all products to be free from defects in material or workmanship for 30 days.
Most manufacturers and publishers offer limited warranties on their products from one year to life.
For more information, see our returns policy.
This item is non-returnable unless defective.