DEFECTIVE ITEM. THIS ITEM HAS A SLIGHT DEFECT AND IS SOLD AS-IS, NON-RETURNABLE. IT MAY HAVE A NAME THAT WAS INCORRECTLY IMPRINTED ON THE COVER OR SOME OTHER SLIGHT IMPERFECTION.
The Access Bible® is designed for beginning Scripture students who would benefit from the best
scholarship from leading academics, but scholarship that’s communicated in such a way that the
general reader can understand it. The result is a natural fit for local church Bible study, a readership
that formerly had to choose between academic content that seems unrelated to everyday life, or life
application materials lacking scholarly backbone. Members of the mainline Protestant denominations
and Roman Catholics will find the Access Bible® to be an up-to-date, exciting resource for delving
into the Scriptures.
- Running commentary interspersed throughout the text provides on-the-spot
explanatory and interpretative information. Different type and horizontal
lines clearly differentiate between the Scriptures and the scholarly notes.
- A Star Symbol following key technical terms points the reader to a helpful
16-page Glossary, which defines such terms.
- Introductions to each book of the Bible set the scene by explaining the
cultural context in which they were written.
- 58 sidebar essays broaden the reader’s understanding of biblical themes.
- In-text maps establish the geographical context of events described in the
- In-text charts display information in an easy-to-understand format.
- A select NRSV Concordance tells you where to find a word in the Bible.
- 36 pages of authoritative, full color New Oxford Bible Maps pinpoint
cities and place names encountered in the biblical text.
Keywords: NRSV Access Bible Burgundy Genuine Leather New Revised Standard Oxford University Press