College and university students, seminarians, professors, and general readers alike have relied upon The Oxford Annotated Bible for essential scholarship and guidance to the world of the Bible for four decades. Now a new editorial board and team of contributors have completely updated this classic work.
- Entirely new, greatly expanded book introductions and annotations offer
deeper insights into the meaning of the biblical text.
- Single-column annotations - expanded by 25 per cent - located at the page
bottom, are paragraphed according to their boldface topical headings.
- In-text essays explain the major divisions of the biblical text (the
Pentateuch, the Historical & Poetical Books, the Prophets, the Apocryphal /
Deuterocanonical Books, the Gospels, and
- A 64-page, select concordance helps the reader locate key words in the
- A full index to all of the Third Editionís study materials keyed to the
page numbers on which they appear, and not the chapter and verse.
- A 36-page section of full color, authoritative New Oxford Bible Maps (with
place name index), plus approximately 40 in-text line drawing maps and