Using material from Philip Yancey and Brenda Quinn’s book Meet the Bible, the NIV Student Bible takes you on a fascinating and enriching year-long tour of the entire Bible—its characters, places, times, stories, and meaning. New discoveries await you every day.
From Adam and Eve to David the King to Paul the apostle, well-known and lesser-known figures gain new significance as you discover their place in the grand narrative of the Bible. You’ll also take in the astonishing miracles and bewildering imagery of Scriptures. Moses parting the Red Sea, Ezekiel’s valley of dry bones, Daniel in the lions’ den, Jesus walking on water, the seven-headed dragon of Revelation . . . the Bible is anything but boring or predictable. But it is understandable, with truths for today that can shape the course of the choices you make, the relationships you cultivate, and the life you live.
Above all, the Bible points to Jesus Christ. On your “Guided Tour,” you will meet him in all his humanity and all his divine glory. From the manger to the cross to the right hand of God, the NIV Student Bible lets you follow in the footsteps of Jesus. You will see how the Old Testament prepared his way. And you will see how in the New Testament, he is the Way to an eternal relationship with God and a life filled with purpose.
· Guided Tour of the Bible.
· 3-Track Reading Plan lets you read at your own pace.
· Highlights and Insights explain difficult verses, point out important facts and encourage reflection.
· Book Introductions and Overviews.
· Updated Subject Guide points to the Bible’s message on topics of interest.
· 100 People You Should Know gives insight into the lives and faith of important Biblical people.
· Updated Glossary of Non-Biblical People and Places.
Keywords: NIV Student Bible, Revised Hardcover New International Zondervan Publishing Company